Within the framework of “Abilities Development” program on February 22, 2020 “DiverCity” social-cultural, humanitarian NGO organized a discussion-meeting on the topic “The protection of Human rights of vulnerable groups in Armenia is neglected”.
In the course of the meeting it was spoken about Human Rights of women, LGBIQ+ and trans people, prioritization and protection of Human Rights in Criminal-Executive Institutions, the state of Human Rights of people of varying cultural backgrounds and public mentality about them, HR of servicemen, Human Rights of the sexually abused, about media field etc.
The speakers were:
• Goharik Tigranyan of “Institute of Public Policy” NGO;
• The opening speech was delivered by Artak Adam, founder-president of “DiverCity” NGO;
• As well as Louisa Vardanyan, a lawyer and legal advisor of “PINK” Human Rights defender NGO;
• Lilit Martirosyan, the founder-president of “Right Side” NGO;
• Anahit Simonyan, founder of “Human Rights Research Centre” NGO;
• Nare Hovhannisyan, “Center for Legal Initiatives” NGO, president;
• Hovsep Khurshudyan, “Free Citizen” CISC NGO, president;
• Yuri Manvelyan, journalist, Epress.am;
• Arman Gharibyan, “Human Rights Power” NGO, cofounder;
• Siranush Davtyan, “Sexual Assault Crisis Centre” NGO, psychologist.
At the event many participants acquired a copy of “Diversity of Society” easy-reading manual published by the Organization. A discussion was held in the auditorium after the speeches. The program was carried out under the minor financial support of “New Generation” humanitarian NGO.